Premed 101 Forums

Leaders in Medicine program

I don't fully understand this program. So lets say someone gets accepted at U of C med after their 1st year Masters at UAlberta but they want to defer their acceptance a year so they can finish their MSc. On the application, do you check off the LIM option? Is that only applicable for students that want to do their MSc in Calgary? 

To be a full member of LIM you have to be jointly enrolled in both programs at u of c. However, you can finish your masters at u of a and then join LiM when you start med as an affiliate member. I'd email the program admin for more specific details related to your particular circumstances, as I know a few people who have deferred to finish grad work else where (however they evaluate that on a case by case basis and it is not officially part of the LiM program) 

I was under the impression you can't defer acceptance to the U of C if you are completing your graduate studies elsewhere. The screenshot above suggests this is the case as well, because they stipulate that you either finish or will not complete your graduate degree if you are not currently attending the UofC. It is only the U of C students that have the option to defer and/or join LIM.

It sounds like you are not eligible to apply unless you are going to be finished your degree by June 2018

Archived