Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

I applied several years ago (IP) and was wait-listed but never got in. I decided to try again this year, and unfortunately have been wait-listed again. My best 2-year average is 83.9% & I placed in the 3rd decile on the MMI. Having heard that several people got in off the WL on the 30th, I am starting to lose hope. Not sure if I will try again...

• 2 weeks later...

She told me 86% and 4th!

Apparently the WL is 20 people long, and today is the first day they've started to make offers off of the WL, after they met at 12 today. They'll keep 1 or 2 people on the WL all the way until the first week of school, just in case. They chose today because May 30 is the deadline for the $500 deposit to secure your spot.

Hi kch128,

I can imagine the waitlist wait must be a tough time for sure. Based on the facebook group, it looks like it has moved about 3 peoples in terms of acceptances. I heard it was 20 to start with and a few people will be kept on the waitlist all the way until the first week of school even. I know one other person on the WL with an 85% 2nd. Hopefully things work out for ya and you find out soon. Some of the class is planning a little get together in late July!

• 11 months later...

Accepted. IP, Yukon. 4.0 gpa, MSc. with pubs, lots of 3rd world travel and volunteering, 33O.

I also applied to U of A where I was accepted and U of C where I was waitlisted. I will be going with U of A as my first choice school. U of S did intrigue me, but I already went to a smaller school and the pros and cons that come with that for my MSc and Undergrad (U of Lethbridge), and so am attracted to the novelty of a 'big' school. SO, one spot free on the waitlist. COngrats to whoever gets it and all of their classmates!