Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, it almost broke my heart to do it but I declined as an OOP today for U of S. I just love the school there, and I hope to do some elective or maybe even residency there, but due to recent family commitments I have to stay closer to home.

So by Monday some OOP will get a spot!

Best of luck to you all!

Any IP waitlisters hear anything yesterday? I'm in the top third of the waitlist but have not heard anything, this is starting to drive me crazy.

That I can understand - particularly with some of the other schools waitlists moving. I suspect that U of S's won't though until monday, which is the first business day after the deadline to accept. I had the office contact me late last week because they hadn't heard either way yet, sounded like they were getting things ready for the following week.

Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Congrats! I think I may(?) have met you doing at U of S at an evening event. Best of luck in your future :)

If you're talking about the Saturday night of the interviews than you probably did. I doubt there were any other married couples applying, lol. Were you the comp sci guy, or someone else? Glad to see you got in at UWO, it's a beautiful school.

If you're talking about the Saturday night of the interviews than you probably did. I doubt there were any other married couples applying, lol. Were you the comp sci guy, or someone else? Glad to see you got in at UWO, it's a beautiful school.

Yeah, that's me :) I am so glad both you got into the same program and everything is going to work out!

The waitlist moved! I got an offer of admission today!!!! I am in shock.... I was in the middle third of the list.

Congrats!! :) If you can for the people left over, they might be curious if you are OOP or IP. Although you are probably OOP(?) :)

Enjoy your summer!

sure....I am IP ...6th decile after the MMI.

I am a grad student at McGill, but I'm not finished my Msc so they used my undergrad GPA. I'm not sure what formula they used, but my two best undergrad years were 4.00 and 3.93.

i hope that helps!

wow, that's much farther along than I thought it would go! congrats again!

sure....I am IP ...6th decile after the MMI.

I am a grad student at McGill, but I'm not finished my Msc so they used my undergrad GPA. I'm not sure what formula they used, but my two best undergrad years were 4.00 and 3.93.

i hope that helps!

Thanks, I was very disappointed before, but now I have a little hope, hopefully more spots will open

i had the same reaction rmorelan... I guess a lot of people must have declined! I'm not complaining :) I was in the middle third of the waiting list, but maybe very close to the top. They told us in past years the IP waiting list has moved anywhere from 5 to 15 spots.

LOL Congratulations!!! I always say - if someone offers you something amazing, just take it and don't question it:) That's some awesome news for you!! See you in Aug, m

• 3 weeks later...

hey I also got in off the wait-list three weeks ago, july 2,and was shocked like sailor_d198 (did we get the call on the same day?:0)

IP, 1st try to U of S (and applied only there) , was in middle third, GPA 88.5%, 4th decile .

Good luck to those in mid third still waitin !! Have faith the wait is a killer but the good news will be that much sweeter :)

• 9 months later...

IP and accepted. Best 2 yrs average = 91.2%.

Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to those wait listed. Tombomb I think you have a pretty good shot. And fluffykitten, chances are you'll get an offer since they go deep into or entirely through the OP list.