Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

2 hours ago, Riemann said:

Was wondering the same thing. I got a delivery notice from Canada Post two days ago, but haven’t heard anything from the CoM. I hope it is okay!

I got a Canada Post confirmation last Friday, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything! I'd hate to drop the ball now. But it sounds like they probably aren't confirming anything (which is the same as all other documents sent in during the application). 

2 hours ago, Peppygirl said:

I got a Canada Post confirmation last Friday, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything! I'd hate to drop the ball now. But it sounds like they probably aren't confirming anything (which is the same as all other documents sent in during the application). 

I had to request for confirmation that they received it via email, and they got back to me saying they had received it. I sent mine in via Canada Post and saw it was delivered last week. As long as you wrote the right address and that the delivery was received, chances are it is in safe hands! :) I was also quite concerned about it.

I just asked for confirmation of receipt today from admissions. I think that it's probably all good, but I'll feel better hearing from them that they received it. 

I'm a little surprised there's no way for us to check our app statuses online, nor do they let us know when our documents are received... It's difficult to ensure that our apps are complete. :confused:

I'm still dying from excitement to meet everyone in August!! I can't believe how quickly it's coming up. :D 

Haha wow good to see I'm not the only one alone on this. Canada post tracking stated it arrived in SK today and I asked the CoM if they received it. They said it was still not received so that worried me a bit, but if they're generally slow about it then I feel more relieved. Only thing is that my deadine is to have it in by May 28th, so I'm hoping that they will have received it by then. Does anyone know how strict they are about this deadline?

And @Koopatroopa I totally feel you, I can't wait for August to come!

• 11 months later...

Timestamp: May 15, 12:12
Geography: IP
Year: Graduated (2012)
MCAT: 509
GPA: 76ish%

3rd time applying. Considering my really low GPA and the fact I am a bit older, I am pretty amazed that I even got this far. The only thing that sucks is if I find out August 7th that I get in and have to quit my job and move from Nunavut down in a flash :S 

Great job to those who got in! 

Geography: IP

MSc. Degree

GPA: 77

MCAT: 512

I'm very disappointed. I will try one more time but I felt like the interview went very well this year. I practiced for 5 months and even spent quite a bit of my own money on private tutoring. It feels bad not having any more information to go on than better luck next year.