Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Rejected

2nd yr B.A Honours Economics and IP

2 yr avg - 88.15% (1st yr 91.8, 2nd yr 84.5 (lol))

MCAT - 10PS 9VR 8BS & O (hahaha... good ol UofS and their ridiculously low MCAT flags)

1st time applying and was expecting a rejection yet feel a little dejected.

Didn't practice the MMI very much, and went into it feeling moderately confident. BAD IDEA BTW! MUST PRACTICE!! I guess I blew it in the end. Don't know exactly where I blew it so it'll be hard to improve on specific areas.

In the end though, the only bad part of this is that I've to repeat it ALL over again (esp. retaking the MCAT) and for multiple schools next time around. Life never gets "easier" I guess....

Anyways, good luck to the rest of you.

Waitlisted:

IP, but went to school OOP and just finished my B.Sc.H. in Biology, best two years 86.5%, MCAT 13BS, 12PS, 11VR & P, 1st time applying.

I had no idea how I did on the MMI but it apparently wasn't quite good enough. Also waitlisted at the Northern Ontario School of Medicine and Queen's.

Does anyone know how long the waitlist is and how much it generally moves?

Waitlisted:

IP, but went to school OOP and just finished my B.Sc.H. in Biology, best two years 86.5%, MCAT 13BS, 12PS, 11VR & P, 1st time applying.

I had no idea how I did on the MMI but it apparently wasn't quite good enough. Also waitlisted at the Northern Ontario School of Medicine and Queen's.

Does anyone know how long the waitlist is and how much it generally moves?

In past years the waitlist moved quite a bit for U of S.

• 2 weeks later...

i just got in off of the waitlist. i passed it up for uofa though,so the waitlist is moving 1 space. i also received notice of how my interview went as well in the email..3rd quintile, so middle of the pack. my avg is around 95% and im oop. goodluck everyone.

I'm on the waitlist and got an email this afternoon telling me what quintile I am in for the MMI. WOOHOO quintile 1!! Now I just have to cross my fingers that my marks are high enough.

Does anyone know how they pick the best two years for people who are IP applicants but attended university OOP? Will they count the year that just finished?

• 11 months later...

Oh dear...haven't been here in a year, too hard... but the good news is MOMO is IN!!! get to party with the cool kids now:)

no idea what my 2 year was, but they were all A+'s - that said I'm out of province, so the scale is slightly different.

I tried last year and did not get in - did really badly in the interview.... this year, accepted as OOP on first try - my theory is - wear fuzzy sweaters:) I gave up a crisp suit for a comfy sweater and voila! here I am :)

I am very excited... congrats to everyone else in my class, see you in August!

Thanks guys, for all the kind, wondeful, supportive words!! And congratulations to my new classmates, can't wait to meet you all:) And agentchris - I disappeared b/c I am a big wuss and couldn't handle the disappointment - plus I was going to give up applying, and I figured the best way was to totally distance myself - thanks to a very smart friend (yeah you know who you are!), I applied one more time... let's say I owe her a drink or four:) I am still waiting for the email that tells me they made a mistake:) Woohooooom *