Hey everyone, I'm having a hard time deciding who to use as a reference. Here are my options:
1. High school music teacher. I did a lot of volunteering with her and she knows me really well. She would write the most amazing reference letter out of all of them, but I haven't done any volunteering for her in over 3 years.
2. Professor at university. I think he would write a good reference letter also, but not as heartfelt as my high school teacher. I had 2 courses with him in 3rd+4th year and did really well in both of them. He got to know me since it was a small class.
3. Thesis supervisor. I worked with him for a year and a half. He's an ob/gyn. He knows little about me but could talk about my work ethic on my thesis project.
4. A surgeon I worked as a research assistant for. I worked with him for almost a year starting last summer. I think he would give a good reference and is most accredited out of everyone.
5. A supervisor at an organization I've volunteered for for 5 years now. She knows me pretty well and would be able to give a good reference about my character.
What do you think? I can see the pros for all of them, but I don't know what would look better. I'm also not sure which of them would count for an academic reference.
Thanks in advance.