Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Medjaz

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Medjaz


    @UMmmMed oh thanks for letting us know I want to get all my applications in order and have been waiting on the U of M for a while now.
  2. Medjaz

    Chances for OOP

    @Llamastan no problem, and thanks but I didn't actually get in this year because I botched the interview, I intend to apply to both IP and OOP schools this application round, and hey maybe we'll be classmates next year
  3. Medjaz

    Chances for OOP

    Your scores are excellent, you will very likely get an interview, provided you do well in CASPer. If so, unless you fail the interview, you will likely get an acceptance. From what I hear most OOP applicants reject their offers as they also get accepted by their IP schools (and U of M is the last to announce it's acceptances) and choose to study there. Even though they take a small number of OOP in the final class, a lot of OOP students on the wait list are offered positions. Best of luck to you!
  4. Medjaz


    Personally I was very upset about the casper addition at first, but now that I have to take it (Manitoba is my number 1 choice at the moment) I'm also going to apply to a bunch of other schools in Ontario that require the test, along with those I am already applying to, which increases my options and improves my chances of getting in this year. Also the Casper takes out of the MMI worth which is a win for me since that's what hurt me the most in my application last year. I think overall it's a good thing..............unless I completely bomb it Also when do you guys think the U of M will upload their application bulletin. Going off of last year the application portal should be opening up in about 10 days, but they have yet to update the bulletin.
  5. Accepted/Waitlisted/Regrets: rejected In Province (IP)/ Out of Province (OOP): IP AGPA (x.xx/4.5): 4.30 MCAT (xx.xx/528): 516 Rural/Non-Rural: Non-rural Advanced Academics (PhD, pubs, academic appointment): 0 Do you guys think I should redo the MCAT for my application next year or do you think I should just apply again and work on the interview which is my weakest point, my reason for rejection was a very general, "your application was not competitive enough." I only ask because I know some people were able to get an interview one year with an MCAT score but not the next, and the idea of having to wait a whole other year just for a second chance....well I want to avoid that.
  6. Medjaz

    Round 2: June 4

    Pretty sure it was just acceptances
  7. Medjaz

    Round 2: June 4

    Okay so I guess it depends on how many people accept their offers from the first round, well best of luck to everyone!
  8. Now that the first day of offers has passed how is everybody feeling? How many more people do you guys think will get an acceptance on June 4th? I really wish they would have released all of their decisions today, the waiting is killing me.
  9. No I think only some people get a decision today, like their top applicants the rest of us don't here back until June 4 even if rejected, but maybe I'm wrong....
  10. Do you know if they were all released at the same time or were they staggered like others suggested? I wish they would send out to all those waiting informing them that all decisions for the day have come out, even if there is no decision for them personally, so we don't have to play the waiting game.