Entering 4th year at U of T. I haven't written the CASPer and am not interested in writing it this cycle unless my chances are poor. My CARS score is too low for Western (130 cutoff is absurd), limiting my choices to U of T and Queen's.
OMSAS cGPA: 3.84
UofT wGPA: 3.87
Queen's 2YGPA: 3.86
MCAT: 129/125/129/128 - 511
- volunteered with 3 different labs doing research with them, have not published anything though
- one of the founders for a premed focused club
- completed explore program twice
- received $30K in scholarships
Volunteering and me stuff:
- hospital volunteer for ~1 year, science fair judge, sports conference delegate, student athletics and academics committee member, volunteer at a museum for 1 year, active living promoter (I know it's vague, but it's incredibly specific and can be used to identify me easily)
- played intermurals for 2 most recent years and will continue, really got into weightlifting and active living (would I be able to write an ABS of how I went from obese to having a 6 pack, and pushing 1K club, from grade 12 to now? Or is that just pretentious?), I played for a sports team all 4 years in high school and was the captain and MVP in my final year
- I've had (to varying degrees from daily to once a week) to take care of a family member with Alzheimer's since grade 11. This person's health deteriorated a lot during my university career, forcing me to do multiple 4/6 academic years so I could have time to help out.
- I've been working a seasonal job since I was 12, and I will be balancing full time work and school in my final year because school is hella expensive and single parent first generation family
I'm not sure where my GPA and MCAT together stand competitively and when I compare myself to others on this forum I feel like my ECs aren't even average for someone in premed. I'm not interested in taking the CASPer this cycle because I had to compact my studying for the MCAT so I could work full time (3 jobs) in July and August and I don't think I'll have time to prepare for it.