I was put on McMaster's waitlist and got admitted to western. I wanted to go to McMaster originally because of the 3 year program (I don't have any financial support and I wanted to be able to graduate faster and spend less). However, I immediately accepted my western's offer because getting in from a waitlist is always a gamble. Sure, you're high waitlisted and the odds are in your favour but what if this year because of the corona situation and McMaster's lottery more people end up accepting their offer to western and the waitlist moves less than ever?The other thing is you don't know where on the high waitlist you are. What if you're the last person on the high waitlist and don't get in because of that?
Yes, it's very likely to that you'll get in off western's high waitlist but what if it doesn't happen? Is it worth risking not accepting an offer that gives you a MD and a chance at your dream profession?
I agree with what MDwoman has said. Maybe given you situation western can tell you how high you are on the high waitlist and that can shed some more light on the situation. But it's likely that they don't make exceptions.
I know you'll make the best of decisions either way given your priorities.