Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'rewrite'.
Found 3 results
Hi all,I'm a 3rd year Ontario non-SWOMEN undergrad student with an MCAT score of 131/127/131/128 (517 total). My GPA is ~3.98 and I have strong non-clinical ECs and clinical research experience. I'll be applying to Canadian med schools this upcoming summer, and if I don't get accepted I'll apply to Canadian and US med schools the following year.I'm concerned that my 127 CARS shuts a lot of doors in Canada - I think I'm really only competitive for U of T, Queens, and Ottawa - so I'm considering re-writing. However, I'm concerned that re-writing will harm my chances at US med schools, as I've heard that US schools in general don't look favorably on re-writing without substantial improvement (I know that some US schools state on their website that they look at the most recent or highest MCAT, but I've seen others recommend interpreting those statements cautiously). I don't think I will be able to 'substantially improve'; realistically, my goal with a re-write would be to get a similar overall score with just a couple points higher in CARS.I plan on submitting a Canadian application this upcoming cycle because Canada does not frown upon re-applicants so the potential of getting rejected this cycle is not a deterrent. However, I would need an additional year to get my US application prepared.TL;DR: Should I re-write my MCAT (517 with 127 CARS) - bolstering my Canadian application if CARS improves (even if total score decreases) but potentially harming my US app - or just apply with my current MCAT score (in the 2017/18 cycle for Canada and in the 2018/19 cycle for US and Canada)?
I wrote the aug 5th MCAT and am not sure how I feel about it. I have decided that the safest thing to do would be keep studying for the sept 10th test since this is the latest date I can rewrite for this application cycle. I am having trouble deciding what my cutoff score should be, so when sept 7th rolls around and I get my marks from the aug 5th test I can either go ahead with the sept 10 or cancel it. I would preferably like to get into an Ontario school, but I wouldn't complain about any out of province either. My marks: 1st y - 3.77 2nd y - 3.70 3rd y - 3.99 cGPA - 3.825 What should I be aiming for on the MCAT to be competitive?
I'm new to this whole thing and I wrote the DAT in November just to see how it would be. I've been reading/hearing conflicting opinions on this and I figured the predent community here would be up to speed with this... My scores were: AA19, PAT20, and RC20 Should I rewrite or is this considered competitive? Thanks in advance for the insight!