Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OntTutor2018

Non-trad successful MD student offering CARS tutoring, MMI/CASPER prep & application help

Hi,

I'm offering some help for students who are looking for advice on CARS, MMI/CASPER and application prep..

I'm a non-traditional applicant (no science background) who gained admission to my top medical school on my first application, with only one write of the MCAT. I'm  willing to share some tips & tricks that made me successful in the process in a tutoring session.

CASPER/MMI/APPLICATION SUPPORT

I had a great CARS score and performed well on CASPER and the MMI.The secret to my success was the training I did to prepare myself psychologically and strategically for the application process. I am sure there are many great premed students who would be wonderful doctors but are failing again and again to be admitted into a program. It's not a lack of brains - it's a lack of strategy. In preparing for the MMI, CARS and CASPER, I developed an effective, efficient and reasonable strategy that allowed me to navigate the process successfully while working full-time. 

CARS TUTORING

The CARS (verbal reasoning) section of the MCAT is a major stumbling block for many premed hopefuls. So many hardworking students find that their efforts are not translating into results and that one section stands between them and their dream of medical school

The fact is that mastering CARS is an art and a science. Most students use a brute force approach which involves months of grueling repetition and ends in frustration. With the right strategy, approach and resources I scored a 130 (98th percentile) with only 3 weeks of preparation. I found the right approach and practiced it to perfection. I also used psychological techniques to train myself perform to my fullest on the exam. 

This is not my first experience with standardized testing. I also performed  well enough on the LSAT to gain admission into the University of Toronto Faculty of Law. I spent years in law school and in corporate law refining my verbal reasoning and critical thinking skills under pressure.

I understand how frustrating and difficult it can be to look for the right approach to CARS. However, my law training and LSAT work helped me quickly find the formula to ace CARS.

Feel free to get in touch by private message if you are interested in help.