Premed 101 Forums

Need some advice

Hi guys, so this is a longshot but I am kinda lost with what to do next and in need of some advice :/

So I am a Canadian applicant from Ontario, and I applied to OMSAS schools last cycle (Got an interview from Queens, but didn't get in :/). For next cycle I was thinking that I should apply to US schools as well as OMSAS for backup. I realize that the applications for the US schools have already started, but I still want to give it a shot. So here's my questions:

I have yet to take a full year of English, and only have 1 physics with a lab component course ... do you know any school where I can apply without these. If not, can I enroll in these courses for this summer and still apply to US schools this cycle? Also, can I enroll in any uni for completing these prerequisites?

Can you also tell me if you think I have a shot at US schools considering these stats:

Completed Undergrad in Biochem at Mcmaster in Apr 2018
cGPA is 3.97 (OMSAS Scale) 
cGPA is 3.99 (AMCAS Scale)
Most recent MCAT 516 (130/127/130/129)
Very little shadowing (shadowed a physiotherapist for like 200ish hours). Good research (About 2 years of research experience ... 1 first author paper in review). Pretty average volunteering. Decent letters of reference.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

You can take your prereqs during the year you apply, so yes, you can enroll in those this summer or fall/next spring and still be fine. Yes, you can enroll in any uni for those prerequisites. 

Your GPA's fantastic. MCAT is in a striking zone of many schools. EC seems to be a problem... how's your clinical volunteering/nonclinical volunteering? Will need an actual doctor shadowing for them to count. 

On 6/8/2018 at 12:41 AM, Serendi said:

You can take your prereqs during the year you apply, so yes, you can enroll in those this summer or fall/next spring and still be fine. Yes, you can enroll in any uni for those prerequisites. 

Your GPA's fantastic. MCAT is in a striking zone of many schools. EC seems to be a problem... how's your clinical volunteering/nonclinical volunteering? Will need an actual doctor shadowing for them to count. 

I've volunteered at a rehab clinic before, and am starting volunteering at a general hospital this month. Nothing much apart from that.

Archived