Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
majinpatrick

UBC Med Student - Offering MD/Dental/Pharm Application Review Service & Tutor Services (MCAT, DAT, & PCAT)

Dear Prospective Student,

I am currently a medical student in Canada (UBC) and have been extremely successful in writing the MCAT, DAT, and PCAT and applying to medical, dental, and pharmacy school. I am offering tutoring services ($40/h) for these exams and application review services ($60/h) for these schools.

Application Review ($60/h)

I can help with your application to any school/program. For first time applicants, writing strong descriptions for your extra-curricular activities and accomplishments (awards, volunteer, employment, research, hobbies, personal experiences) is the main component that sets you aside from other applicants. With my help, I will highlight your accomplishments and involvement so your application will standout and schools will see you in the best possible light. I have scored extremely high on my written applications – For example, I scored top 5 of all OOP applicants (out of ~900 applicants across Canada) at McGill MD solely based on extra-curricular activities. I am unique over other reviewers because I progressively perfected my ability to write the applications over three years of applications at Canadian MD schools and one year of applications to Canadian dental and pharmacy schools.

Exam Tutoring ($40/h)

I have also successfully written the MCAT (130 P/C, B/B, P/S; 97% percentile), DAT (22AA, 23PAT; 94-99% percentile), and PCAT (99% composite percentile). Using my background with an MSc in biochemistry, TA experience at UofT, and classroom and 1-on-1 teaching experience, I am happy to work with you 1-on-1 to:

1.       Teach content and develop strategies for the sciences in any of these tests, and/or

2.       Teach content and develop strategies for DAT PAT, and/or

3.       Teach useful exam taking strategies to maximize your score, and/or

4.       Develop a study schedule for your specific needs (based on your research, volunteer, work, personal commitments, etc.) for the summer or test study period.

For the MCAT, I have gone through the exam multiple times and was able to progressively improve my score. My unique experience of true improvement is something most tutors do not have. This will highly benefit your studying needs and schedule since I have gone through and know the challenges of the exam and studying for each section. As well, because of my experiences of writing the exam while completing summer research projects, working, and volunteering, I am well versed with the need for time management and will help you develop a specialized study schedule for you based on the demands of your work, research, or volunteer roles.

For the DAT and PCAT, I am also able to help teach you the foundations of science and DAT PAT, while also integrating useful tips for the best possible outcome of your exam (ie: manage your exam pace, navigating passages, pre-exam strategies, etc). My experience of writing these exams while working, researching, volunteering, and in class, will also allow me to develop a practical study schedule for you if you are writing your exam during a busy time of the year (ie: during the school year).

We can meet in person in Toronto (I live in DT) or via Skype if you’re located anywhere else. Feel free to message me about my very competitive rates, meeting locations, or how I can help you.

Hey everyone,

It is that time of year again and I am happy to help with the Application Review or Exam Preparation!! 

Feel free to send me a message to learn more about my comprehensive service to help you with your journey into your dream school!