Premed 101 Forums

merit scholarship available ?

• 1 month later...

has anyone here received a scholarship from western for medical school? No other university offers one for medical school right? when i looked at the scholarship's page, it says that student must demonstrate financial need...technically almost all students are in need of financial assistance because everyone takes out a LOC, and has OSAP debt...so how is it actually determined who receives the scholarship? The website isn't entirely clear. 

On 7/16/2018 at 6:18 PM, infinity101 said:

has anyone here received a scholarship from western for medical school? No other university offers one for medical school right? when i looked at the scholarship's page, it says that student must demonstrate financial need...technically almost all students are in need of financial assistance because everyone takes out a LOC, and has OSAP debt...so how is it actually determined who receives the scholarship? The website isn't entirely clear. 

Western requires you fill out a form with information regarding your assets and parents assets where you can also write whether your parents are expected to help out or not. The document is quite extensive, and this is used by Western to give out scholarships. They also give partial scholarships as well, that are not the full 26k. I was able to receive a smaller bursary this way. 

Archived