Premed 101 Forums

U of T Med is a GPA heavy school for applications.  You need to have the GPA to get the interview to then give your ECs a chance to help you.

I suspect you will find you will not be competitive to apply during your third year.   You are not eligible for weighting until 4th year.   Your current cGPA at 3.68 is not going to cut it as a 3rd year undergrad.  You may need to wait until 4th year so you can benefit from wGPA and remove some low marks.

Your vet experiences may be fairly unique compared to your peers. I cannot comment if they would really help you though. You may want to branch out and do some ECs not related to vet activity.  Rather, figure out how to write up those experiences in terms of the CanMed Framwork (Goggle it) . 

If you can nail both the MCAT and CASPer you might be able to get a 3rd year invite to MAC.   You will need to improve your GPA and wait til 4th year for any other Ontario school.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Meridian. U of T is unfortunately a big GPA competitive game. I was personally not eligible for wGPA but sitting at a cGPA of 3.95 (but still no interview last year). You can browse the interview invite/rejection threads to get a better sense of your position and the GPA game. Schools like Mac or Queen's that are more "wild card" when it comes to GPA would probably work out better for you - and they're just as good! :)

Archived