Premed 101 Forums

First year pre-clerkship evening schedule

Question for uOttawa medical students. I remember learning there is typically one day per week in pre-clerkship where you have classes that run into late afternoon/early evening.

Which day of the week is it for first year pre-clerkship and until what time approximately do classes run until? Or does it change every year and I’ll have to wait until the school sends us a schedule?

Thanks! 

For us in first year, it was Thursdays. Class starts at 8:00 am, with a lunch break from 12:30-1:30 or 12:30-2:30, and then we have our physical skills session until 4:30. Most other days are 8:30-12:30. 

The second year schedule is mostly the same as first year, but their long day is a different day of the week. :)

Also keep in mind when you start doing your community preceptor placement and csl in second semester, you’ll likely have two late nights a week (mine used to finish at 5 and the day of the week varied). This varies from student to student but is good to be aware of.

2 hours ago, HappyAndHopeful said:

For us in first year, it was Thursdays. Class starts at 8:00 am, with a lunch break from 12:30-1:30 or 12:30-2:30, and then we have our physical skills session until 4:30. Most other days are 8:30-12:30. 

The second year schedule is mostly the same as first year, but their long day is a different day of the week. :)

2 hours ago, m_jacob_45 said:

Also keep in mind when you start doing your community preceptor placement and csl in second semester, you’ll likely have two late nights a week (mine used to finish at 5 and the day of the week varied). This varies from student to student but is good to be aware of.

Thanks @HappyAndHopeful and @m_jacob_45! This is exactly the information that I was looking to find out :)

Archived