Premed 101 Forums

Radiology: Ontario negotiations

On 6/22/2018 at 6:56 AM, BeentheredonetheDAT said:

Hi guys,

i understand that Ontario is currently negotiating with the medical association regarding a contract and this time with binding arbitration etc. 

My question is, does anyone know what the proposals are for radiologists or radiology pay?

No answer to your question specifically, but I think it's a matter of when (not if) radiologist pay is going to undergo significant claw backs -- and that's true across the country. The wheels are already in motion in some jurisdictions, and I don't doubt other provinces are waiting for their opportunity to start the process.

2 hours ago, liszt said:

No answer to your question specifically, but I think it's a matter of when (not if) radiologist pay is going to undergo significant claw backs -- and that's true across the country. The wheels are already in motion in some jurisdictions, and I don't doubt other provinces are waiting for their opportunity to start the process.

Yeah, so I’ve heard as well.... been hearing it for years though and it doesn’t seem like any province has done much to curb rads pay. I think in Quebec it’s actually going up, not down. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 8:03 PM, NLengr said:

Radiology and Optho are consistently mentioned as areas that are being targeted for "compensation realignment" (or whatever political mumbo jumbo they call it).

Interesting. Can you or someone else share some links to this sort of discussion?

Archived