Premed 101 Forums

I recently finished my bachelor’s degree in civil engineering at the University of Waterloo and am now working on my master’s degree in the same discipline. I am looking to apply to medical schools in Ontario for 2020 entry and have signed up to write the MCAT on September 19 this year. It’s pretty lonely being a prospective medical student in engineering grad school so I was wondering if there is anyone else in the same boat. If there’s anyone in the Kitchener-Waterloo area, that would be even better.

I've been in the same boat! Mechanical engineering, then a masters degree while also being a research associate. Studied for my MCAT while writing my thesis (well to be fair, I did most of my studying after my thesis was done and waiting for my director to send me comments). It can be done, but I found it much easier to focus 100% on the MCAT than to try to also fix my solution to the minority-carrier diffusion equation of solar cells at the same time. My masters was taking so much cognitive energy that I couldn't focus properly on the MCAT for which, let's be honest, you will have a lot of studying to do.

Best of luck!

Archived