Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ninja7292

Gun ownership as a medical student/resident/physician

I have always been interested in guns/firearms and I am interested in starting to process to obtain a RPAL (Restricted firearms license). Is there any chance of this backfiring my career/ability to work in a hospital/etc? Thanks!

It's now legal to distribute workable plans for 3-d printed guns in the US.  I suppose there's very few barriers to owning guns there anyways, so this will basically only serve to make gun control even more difficult.  Not sure about the legality in Canada, but this clearly circumvents conventional channels for gun ownership.  I feel really safe now :)   

a2b4119d-a2ae-4e1d-b219-5c4267642fc4manifest-ios.m3u8

https://www.wired.com/story/a-landmark-legal-shift-opens-pandoras-box-for-diy-guns/

no ones gives a f*ck about you in medicine. dont think people care. they dont. do whatever the f*ck u want, because it doesnt make you cool, or unique, or that edgy med student...no one cares. 

On 6/28/2018 at 12:03 AM, ninja7292 said:

I have always been interested in guns/firearms and I am interested in starting to process to obtain a RPAL (Restricted firearms license). Is there any chance of this backfiring my career/ability to work in a hospital/etc? Thanks!

Na, you're fine. Practice good gun safety and tell your patients to do the same when it's relevant, otherwise it shouldn't have any impact on your career.