Premed 101 Forums

Law school graduate to dentistry?

Hi everyone,

I recently graduated law school and now I am interested in applying to dentistry program.

I would like to know whether my law school GPA will be considered as a part of my application to dentistry?

Considering that I didn't get much A+/A during law school, what are my options if they consider my law school GPA? Should I even give it a shot?

p.s. I studied science for 3 years before I got into law school so I took all the pre-req courses.

I think the important question is why do you want to switch into a completely different field? Is it worth all the pain? Its difficult to get into dental school and once you get in you are faced with a rigorous curriculum that is going to be very challenging and expensive. After you graduate then the real learning starts and it will take you another 5 years to become a good dentist. Also let me tell you that having a dental degree is not a licence to print money! It is getting more and more competitive and harder to make a good living. Its not what it used to be so get ready for that. So I would think long and hard before switching to dentistry. Best of luck to you  

Hey Op,

It seems you are in an interesting situation. I agree with what Lord Denning said above. However if articling at one of the 7 sisters or clerking for the SCC doesn't pan out, you could always try to be the gold medallist at your school. I heard that Dental schools look favourably at that.

Hopefully it all works out for you

21 hours ago, orgolover said:

May I ask why are you even considering Dentistry in the first place? 

Obviously you have never heard of Davies Slavies lol. 

4 hours ago, Wagon Mound said:

Hey Op,

It seems you are in an interesting situation. I agree with what Lord Denning said above. However if articling at one of the 7 sisters or clerking for the SCC doesn't pan out, you could always try to be the gold medallist at your school. I heard that Dental schools look favourably at that.

Hopefully it all works out for you

If op isn't getting many A/A+ it's unlikely that they are the gold medallist. Unless they are going to TWU. 

Furthermore, the LSAT is barely harder than Grade 12 English, so the DAT might be challenging for op. Chances seem slim Imo if you aren't at HYS law

Archived