Premed 101 Forums

Course credit received for high school course?

Putting an experience that you got course credit for in your NAQ section requires that you check the box saying you received course credit for it. Does this apply for high school courses too? Seeing as this this high school course is still considered a course, per se, it isn't a uni course and isn't one of the 90 credits I'm using for my AQ section. With that being said, do I state that I received course credit or no?

Thanks! 

14 hours ago, FlameGrilledChicken said:

Yup, you would check of the course credit box. Although do you have more details on the experience?

Yup, it was a leadership class where we planned for spirit assemblies, ran food drives, pancake breakfasts and stuff. Did that for about 4ish years.

Ah I thought so, I actually did the exact same thing, leadership class in high school. I listed it and ticked off the course credit box. I'm assuming you're gonna have one of your leadership teachers verify too and they'd also prefer you ticked off the box and you should let them know you've indicated this when applying. I don't think it diminishes the value or "score" of the activity but helps reviewers better understand the activity and ensures you've been completely honest :)

Archived