Premed 101 Forums

hi

i was wondering if anyone here got accepted into the MD/PhD program and what your application was like? What kind of research etc,? Also, can people who are gambling on conditional offers apply for MD/PhD? or does it not make sense? Also, the program asks for a transcript? Is that to look at the courses taken that pertain to research?

Also, can someone who say got accepted to the MD program, can they switch to the MD/PhD program say after second year or so? 

any information would be really appreciated! thanks in advance! 

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2018 at 10:48 PM, infinity101 said:

hi

i was wondering if anyone here got accepted into the MD/PhD program and what your application was like? What kind of research etc,? Also, can people who are gambling on conditional offers apply for MD/PhD? or does it not make sense? Also, the program asks for a transcript? Is that to look at the courses taken that pertain to research?

Also, can someone who say got accepted to the MD program, can they switch to the MD/PhD program say after second year or so? 

any information would be really appreciated! thanks in advance! 

hope you found out the answers to this :)

you can switch historically in some cases (I almost did for instance). In terms of it making sense the question is do you do it then or do you do it in residency for instance. Arguments either way

You have to meet the requirements for both the phd and md so both could use the transcripts for that etc. 

Archived