Premed 101 Forums

IP Status

Travelling won't impact your status! 

However, you do need to be careful. I worked full time in-province from September to August. I am 2 weeks off from meeting their IP status and they did not round or anything. Realistically you would need to move back to NB for August 1st to ensure you went from August 2018 to August 2019. Since orientation starts in August, they may not consider you IP if you worked full time from September to August. 

They did change some of their IP requirements this year so this may change going forward, but that's just my experience. I would call them and ask to be sure! 

5 hours ago, alokozay said:

Thanks for the response! I will call to confirm. The earliest I can realistically move back will be in the last 2 weeks of August, do you think thats safe? Bear in mind  that I 'm not working there, I am still an independent student (4+ out of high school) but I am still in the process of finding employment.

Thanks again

I may be wrong, but I think the criteria is that you lived in the province while not attending school full time. I think it matters less if you're employed. I would double check on that too though! 

Archived