Premed 101 Forums

How do physiotherapy schools select the most recent 60 credits of coursework?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody knew how physio schools calculate the gpa of an applicant based on their most RECENT 60 credits when they only took 24 or 27 credits a term/year. For example, if the applicant is in 5th year and some of those credits extend to one's 3rd year, obviously they will use the term 2 grades as they are more recent. But how will they determine which of the term 2 courses to use in the GPA calculation, would they choose the ones with the highest grade? Or would they choose the one that had the final exam written the latest?

On 7/6/2018 at 12:50 PM, wannabePT said:

Can confirm ORPAS takes the average grade of the semester as well! 

Is it the average grade of the semester? I was told that they averaged out the entire year (both semesters)?

4 hours ago, PTT said:

Is it the average grade of the semester? I was told that they averaged out the entire year (both semesters)?

It depends when you apply. 

If you apply where you only have one semester from a year of school (ex: you apply in January and only your Fall marks from year 4 are sent in), they will average your entire 2nd year as one semester to obtain 5 credits. Let's say your GPA from the Fall in 2nd year was 3.80 while your GPA in the Winter of that same school year was a 3.90. Your average for that year would be a 3.85 and would count as 5 credits of your 20 required credits for your sGPA (or 1/4 of your required grades to not confuse you).

However, if you apply after you have completed your undergrad program, they will take your last 4 semesters (year 3 semester 1 and 2; year 4 semester 1 and 2) separately. So, they only average out the entire year if you haven't finished a full year of school., which is common as a lot students apply during their final semester of their undergrad.

I hope that clears things up.

Archived