Premed 101 Forums

27 credits first year

Crc

Hey guys, 

due to personal reasons, I was only able to take 4 classes each semester and 1 class in the summer in my first year. If I take a full course load (5 classes/sem) for the next 2 years and 1 class in the summer of second year (for a total of 90 credits) will I be able to apply to all schools where they allow 3rd year applicants? 

Thank you. 

8 hours ago, Crc said:

Hey guys, 

due to personal reasons, I was only able to take 4 classes each semester and 1 class in the summer in my first year. If I take a full course load (5 classes/sem) for the next 2 years and 1 class in the summer of second year (for a total of 90 credits) will I be able to apply to all schools where they allow 3rd year applicants? 

Thank you. 

Yes, that should be fine in Ontario at least. If you are not in Ontario, definitely look up the policies for your in-province school(s) to see if you meet their criteria because that is where you'd have the most advantage applying. You just won't have a wGPA for the University of Toronto if you apply later on. Just note that if you are applying after second year (so as a 3rd year applicant), that the summer course might have to be completed by June 30th in order to meet the 30 credit (equiv. to 90 in your case) requirement prior to matriculation to some schools (like Queens, definitely check out each school's policy on this). Perhaps if there is still time this summer to take another course that might help to ensure you meet the 30(90) credit requirement on time? Goodluck :)

Archived