Premed 101 Forums

Western GPA Calculation Question

Western's website says "Applicants must meet the minimum GPA in each of their two best undergraduate years with a full course load of 5 full or equivalent courses (30 credit hours) taken between September and April." I am currently a nursing student in BC, and my program begins in the spring semester (January) and ends in the summer (middle of August), meaning I have the Autumn (September) semesters off. Will they take this into account when reviewing my application? Or is this policy firm?

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2018 at 5:13 PM, foasenf said:

Western's website says "Applicants must meet the minimum GPA in each of their two best undergraduate years with a full course load of 5 full or equivalent courses (30 credit hours) taken between September and April." I am currently a nursing student in BC, and my program begins in the spring semester (January) and ends in the summer (middle of August), meaning I have the Autumn (September) semesters off. Will they take this into account when reviewing my application? Or is this policy firm?

yes check with the office of course, always great approach to things. They have figured out ways of managing similar situations in the past. 

Archived