Premed 101 Forums

Western 2nd Year Med Sci Schedule Suggestions/Tips?

Hi, I am totally new to this platform, I am going into 2nd year Med Sci at UWO, I think I am happy with my schedule but would sincerely appreciate others opinons and suggestions. As well as tips on how to do well in Stats 2244 and Orgo 2213

(Biochem 2280 is done this summer)

Thank You

Hey,

Just finished 4th yr Med Sci. Your schedule looks fine to me. Just have some quick questions, are u planning not to take Orgo 2223 during the year (or are u considering taking it during the summer), you may want to check if the 3rd yr modules require it as a prerequisite. Also, a personal opinion, but you may want to save up those bird courses for 3rd or 4th year, they're a good break from all the science work we do. 

For stats, just stay on top of the stuff and practice using the equations and content you learn. From what i remember, the lectures were fine, but just be wary of the tutorials, pick a tutorial date that is not earlier in the week so you can ask your classmates for any heads up. Orgo is pretty straightfoward, the lectures notes are usually enough and labs are quite easy but tedious. Exams are similar to the practice exams in the lab book. Sounds cliche, but just stay on top of the work and you'll do great. 

Archived