Premed 101 Forums

Which CPR Course to take?

Hey I’m pretty sure St. John Ambulance first aid doesn’t qualify. You have to take the CPR course through the heart and stroke foundation. It’s called BLS (basic life support) provider CPR. 

You should be able to find more info on this in the UBC med orientation FAQ. 

9 hours ago, heyhellohi said:

Hey I’m pretty sure St. John Ambulance first aid doesn’t qualify. You have to take the CPR course through the heart and stroke foundation. It’s called BLS (basic life support) provider CPR. 

You should be able to find more info on this in the UBC med orientation FAQ. 

Hey so check out the FAQ document in the offer tab on the OAS! You don’t have to take it through the heart and stroke foundation...

“All students must be certified in CPR/AED Basic Life Support Provider - Level (BLS) for each year they are undertaking their studies. You may obtain your CPR/AED certificate from any registered company or organization.”

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2018 at 6:24 PM, Popetopus said:

Hey so check out the FAQ document in the offer tab on the OAS! You don’t have to take it through the heart and stroke foundation...

“All students must be certified in CPR/AED Basic Life Support Provider - Level (BLS) for each year they are undertaking their studies. You may obtain your CPR/AED certificate from any registered company or organization.”

Cheers!

I believe they there is a Heart and Stroke course that is required for residency and many people take it before clerkship, which may have cause the confusion.

Archived