Premed 101 Forums

Humanities/Social Sci Prerequisite

Hi all,

I wasn't sure if the psyc courses I took in University of Guelph could be seen as humanities/social science prerequisites for Ottawa so I emailed them. In the email reply that I got from them, they stated that "The Humanities or Social Sciences requirements can be completed by any courses that have no relations to Science.  For i.e. Sociology, Psychology, Math, Religion, Administration, English Literature, English Writing..." I got confused when I saw Math as a qualifying Humanities / Social Sciences prereq, so I asked them if Math and Statistics can be counted, and they said yes. 

I'm just wondering if anyone else know about this. I might be overthinking but why have I never heard that Math and Stats can be Humanities / Social science courses?

Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, Shirl said:

Hi all,

I wasn't sure if the psyc courses I took in University of Guelph could be seen as humanities/social science prerequisites for Ottawa so I emailed them. In the email reply that I got from them, they stated that "The Humanities or Social Sciences requirements can be completed by any courses that have no relations to Science.  For i.e. Sociology, Psychology, Math, Religion, Administration, English Literature, English Writing..." I got confused when I saw Math as a qualifying Humanities / Social Sciences prereq, so I asked them if Math and Statistics can be counted, and they said yes. 

I'm just wondering if anyone else know about this. I might be overthinking but why have I never heard that Math and Stats can be Humanities / Social science courses?

Thanks in advance!

Didn't know this either. Typically assumed math and statistics were under science, as they are in American admissions and are usually completed in a science faculty. I guess it makes more sense if it was statistics for psychology or something around those lines. Interesting. That's good to know. Thanks for posting this!

Archived