Premed 101 Forums

Hi,

What are some places for physician shadowing and/or volunteering at hospitals where there is an interaction with patients on a regular basis in Toronto?

UK med schools have some stringent requirements when it comes to this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I saw they have an observership thing there - will need to find a doc to sponsor which is the bigger issue. 

In your experience, do these schools  take the regular volunteering we do at hospitals (which tbh doesn't involve much patient care)?

I mean do they consider the volunteering at the hospitals here in the GTA to be good enough for their standards? Because most schools stress that you should have some patient contact, at the very least. Most of these volunteer positions nowadays don't really give much exposure in that way.

On 8/1/2018 at 3:08 PM, medpak said:

I mean do they consider the volunteering at the hospitals here in the GTA to be good enough for their standards? Because most schools stress that you should have some patient contact, at the very least. Most of these volunteer positions nowadays don't really give much exposure in that way.

they take it to be good enough.