Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
medpak

student loan without a guarantor

Hi,

Does Scotia Bank provide student loans without a guarantor when looking at UK medical schools? Are there other banks that provide loans without guarantors? 

I was under the impression that Scotia Bank does but I may have been wrong. Any one with experience here? 

Thanks.

On 8/22/2018 at 3:25 PM, artistintheambulance said:

You'll need a guarantor for any professional LOC for school outside of Canada. Am an international student.

What is the maximum loan amount that internationally accepted med student can expect to get? Seeing tuitions costs in Euro and USD made me wonder how to get the ends met :(

6 minutes ago, Kiki-Mora said:

What is the maximum loan amount that internationally accepted med student can expect to get? Seeing tuitions costs in Euro and USD made me wonder how to get the ends met :(

Anecdotally, my friend got approved for $200K with guarantor for a UK medical school with Scotia. Not sure if this is the standard for those doing medicine abroad.

24 minutes ago, la marzocco said:

Anecdotally, my friend got approved for $200K with guarantor for a UK medical school with Scotia. Not sure if this is the standard for those doing medicine abroad.

thanks for reply. 200K USD?