Premed 101 Forums

Resident Interest Loan Relief program

it is a cost analysis thing :)

I mean first off how much would your OSAP loan be? The value of the program per person really depends on that. 

Next what specialty are you going into as they have different job markets. The price you are paying is the restriction to say in Ontario so what is the realistic chance of a good job in that area? 

Once you have that you can go over it - for many people the program is not really worth it as the interest saved is relatively small and the ability to 100% predict where you should or will end up is a challenge. 

I don’t find it clear what happens if you do a fellowship. It says that fellowships are not covered by the program. Does that mean that doing a fellowship means you broke the contract and need to pay out? Does your fellowship count towards time served if it is in Ontario? Does it just delay the start of the ROS by a year?

1 hour ago, BigM said:

I don’t find it clear what happens if you do a fellowship. It says that fellowships are not covered by the program. Does that mean that doing a fellowship means you broke the contract and need to pay out? Does your fellowship count towards time served if it is in Ontario? Does it just delay the start of the ROS by a year?

It just delays it. Fellowships don't count towards the total. 

Archived