Premed 101 Forums

46 minutes ago, lemon_tree said:

I think both are great, however I did not shadow that much. Just once a week for around 3 hours. I think your ecs are a big part of the process. But nobody knows for sure!

Where do ecs come into play? for the personal statement and interview? 

Shadowing would be key - not just for the application but also come interview time. I found that people in the year I applied had strong grades but did not get an interview because of their personal statement and extracurriculars. Research would be nice but overall if you could have entries for each aspect of the extracurricular section in the application, that would be ideal. Even work experience is important. Every little bit helps.

24 minutes ago, Steins;Gate said:

Shadowing would be key - not just for the application but also come interview time. I found that people in the year I applied had strong grades but did not get an interview because of their personal statement and extracurriculars. Research would be nice but overall if you could have entries for each aspect of the extracurricular section in the application, that would be ideal. Even work experience is important. Every little bit helps.

Thank you for your help. Where can I see what the different extracurricular sections are?

2 hours ago, Soltan said:

Thank you for your help. Where can I see what the different extracurricular sections are?

When the application is released in the fall, you will be able to see how they categorize different extracurricular sections! In my year, it was an online application so I would recommend creating a Microsoft Word or Excel file that organizes each extracurricular entry and personal statement question.

From last year's application I just listed all the things I've done and the dates. It's all inputted into their online application. It'll be arranged according to date. It's best to not have large gaps between activities from my guess.