Premed 101 Forums

3.94 GPA and 127 CARS chance for interview?

Hi everyone. 

I'm from Alberta and I have a 3.94(33333) GPA and a 127 CARS. Obviously I'll still need to tackle CASPer. I think I do OK in CASPer, I can type quickly and put a few lines per answer and have decent and reasonable (but not amazing) answers. Do you think a 3.94 and 127 CARS is decent enough to get an interview OOP? Assuming I do average-above average in CASPer and not flunk it.

I've done CASPer twice before in two application cycles. One for the U of A when they first did CASPer (got an interview) and for some various Ontario schools (did not get an interview). I've also gotten an interview at U of C before but no CASPer needed there.

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, carebthenarb said:

Hi everyone. 

I'm from Alberta and I have a 3.94(33333) GPA and a 127 CARS. Obviously I'll still need to tackle CASPer. I think I do OK in CASPer, I can type quickly and put a few lines per answer and have decent and reasonable (but not amazing) answers. Do you think a 3.94 and 127 CARS is decent enough to get an interview OOP? Assuming I do average-above average in CASPer and not flunk it.

I've done CASPer twice before in two application cycles. One for the U of A when they first did CASPer (got an interview) and for some various Ontario schools (did not get an interview). I've also gotten an interview at U of C before but no CASPer needed there.

Thanks.

I'd say you have a chance depending on Casper. Your CARS score is sliiighly on the lower end compared to the average. Some people with high GPA/low-fair CARS scores who posted in the accepted/rejected/waitlisted thread were indeed rejected but I've definitely seen some people accepted too. Casper will be the deciding factor. Also I would recommend a lot of interview prep. 

On 8/16/2018 at 11:06 PM, vino said:

I'd say you have a chance depending on Casper. Your CARS score is sliiighly on the lower end compared to the average. Some people with high GPA/low-fair CARS scores who posted in the accepted/rejected/waitlisted thread were indeed rejected but I've definitely seen some people accepted too. Casper will be the deciding factor. Also I would recommend a lot of interview prep. 

Yea this is what I'd figure would happen, where CASPer is the deciding factor due to my CARS score. And yea, the interview will definitely matter. I did extremely poorly on the U of C interview even though I prepped a lot with friends who got in within the same cycle. Thanks.

Though, I am out of province, so how badly do you think this will affect me?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived