Premed 101 Forums

Missing 1 orgo course... options?

Hi everyone,

With the new 70% cutoff for prereq courses, I need to take one half credit of orgo. I'm currently located in Halifax but I work full-time, and the only courses offered at the 2 universities here are during work hours. 

Does anyone know of any online courses with some kind of lab that would be acceptable for Ottawa? I really want to apply this year but don't know if there are any courses I can take!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a similar situation and need to take  organic chemistry II at Athasbasca University with the lab, which I will have to take in Edmondton, because Ottawa U does not accept 'home kit lab'. 

My question is, can I still apply for this year, if I will be completing the course this fall, or is my only option is to take the course this year and apply next year?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, jouel070 said:

I'm in a similar situation and need to take  organic chemistry II at Athasbasca University with the lab, which I will have to take in Edmondton, because Ottawa U does not accept 'home kit lab'. 

My question is, can I still apply for this year, if I will be completing the course this fall, or is my only option is to take the course this year and apply next year?

Thanks!

As long as you have it done by June you can still apply this year.

Sorry to butt in but this thread had the exact info I was looking for (if Ottmed would accept Athabasca orgo). I was wondering if any of you would know the answer to my second question. I already took orgo but I got a 70% at that university which translates to OMSAS 2.7 (right below 3.0 cutoff). Athabasca has the option to be exempt from lab if you took it within the last 5 years. My question is would OttMed accept an orgo repeat minus lab as long as you did the lab in the first attempt? I mean I already did the actual labs (and did well in them) so it was really the theory portion bringing me down which I would be repeating. Thanks! 

On 9/4/2018 at 3:01 PM, shortie said:

Sorry to butt in but this thread had the exact info I was looking for (if Ottmed would accept Athabasca orgo). I was wondering if any of you would know the answer to my second question. I already took orgo but I got a 70% at that university which translates to OMSAS 2.7 (right below 3.0 cutoff). Athabasca has the option to be exempt from lab if you took it within the last 5 years. My question is would OttMed accept an orgo repeat minus lab as long as you did the lab in the first attempt? I mean I already did the actual labs (and did well in them) so it was really the theory portion bringing me down which I would be repeating. Thanks! 

If the Athabasca transcript doesnt indicate that you were exempted from their labs, then you wont have a problem since ottawa will just see that youve completed the required course.

If it does, ask admissions.

Archived