Premed 101 Forums

Wgpa question

Hi I was just a bit confused with the wgpa, do they remove your lowest FCE from each individual year? or do they remove your lowest FCE regardless of what year they are in (ex. Two lowest FCE are in first year so they both get removed). I emailed admission but though this might be faster.

as well on the website is says 3.8 is considered competitive although the average gpa tends to be relatively high, my wgpa is somewhere around 3.81 or 3.84 depending on my above question. Do you think this is high enough to apply with a somewhat chance of interview? 

Thanks in advance 

Lowest FCE's removed can come from any year.  NR courses come off first though and you must be full course load in all years for wGPA to apply. 

UofT is heavily GPA based for interviews.  Last few years accepted GPA average has been over 3.9.   People do get in with 3.8x though so do apply.

52 minutes ago, regretful spoon said:

Hi I was just a bit confused with the wgpa, do they remove your lowest FCE from each individual year? or do they remove your lowest FCE regardless of what year they are in (ex. Two lowest FCE are in first year so they both get removed). I emailed admission but though this might be faster.

as well on the website is says 3.8 is considered competitive although the average gpa tends to be relatively high, my wgpa is somewhere around 3.81 or 3.84 depending on my above question. Do you think this is high enough to apply with a somewhat chance of interview? 

Thanks in advance 

and also it doesn't have to be full credits (2 courses - well at least standard ones) from a year either. How many low GPA courses are you trying to remove from the first year?

1 minute ago, rmorelan said:

and also it doesn't have to be full credits (2 courses - well at least standard ones) from a year either. How many low GPA courses are you trying to remove from the first year?

Ok perfect that makes sense thanks, and basically I just have 3 B’s first year first semester after that it’s just some A- that would be removed. I’m from Alberta and my school it’s really hard to get A+ so most of my marks are A’s which brings my gpa down quite a lot compared to my Alberta wgpa which is above 3.9.

4 minutes ago, regretful spoon said:

Ok perfect that makes sense thanks, and basically I just have 3 B’s first year first semester after that it’s just some A- that would be removed. I’m from Alberta and my school it’s really hard to get A+ so most of my marks are A’s which brings my gpa down quite a lot compared to my Alberta wgpa which is above 3.9.

ok that sounds fair - good luck!

Archived