Premed 101 Forums

Same verifier on 2 entries or combine entries?

So in high school, I was part of a council that did a whole bunch of things for the graduating student body. I currently have this split up into two entries where entry #1 is all the general volunteering/coordinating I did and entry #2 is one specific event this council hosted that was distinct from all the other activities, that I was heavily involved with. 

I'm really torn between whether to combine these two entries together (and lose specificity because I have to speak about the two more broadly), or use the same verifier for both (which according to the help guide is "not advisable"), and keep them seperate. 

Also, I can't use any other contact as a verifier since this council only had one supervisor. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Gambinoooo said:

So in high school, I was part of a council that did a whole bunch of things for the graduating student body. I currently have this split up into two entries where entry #1 is all the general volunteering/coordinating I did and entry #2 is one specific event this council hosted that was distinct from all the other activities, that I was heavily involved with. 

I'm really torn between whether to combine these two entries together (and lose specificity because I have to speak about the two more broadly), or use the same verifier for both (which according to the help guide is "not advisable"), and keep them seperate. 

Also, I can't use any other contact as a verifier since this council only had one supervisor. 

Thank you!

If there’s a legitimate reason to separate the entries and you think that’s really the best representation of the activities, then I think it’s fine.

I could see how if you did it extensively or only had a handful of activities and 1 or 2 verifiers in total, it wouldn’t look great or it might be in an issue they would pay attention to. But in a comprehensive application with a range of entries I don’t think it’s likely to be something they’ll care much about. I actually used repeat verifiers for quite a few activities, where appropriate, and suffered no consequences for it.

13 minutes ago, frenchpress said:

If there’s a legitimate reason to separate the entries and you think that’s really the best representation of the activities, then I think it’s fine.

I could see how if you did it extensively or only had a handful of activities and 1 or 2 verifiers in total, it wouldn’t look great or it might be in an issue they would pay attention to. But in a comprehensive application with a range of entries I don’t think it’s likely to be something they’ll care much about. I actually used repeat verifiers for quite a few activities, where appropriate, and suffered no consequences for it.

This was really something I wanted to hear... personal experience. Thanks so much @frenchpress

Archived