Premed 101 Forums

Few Questions

First time applying here, I have a few questions:

1) Do the schools actually call your verifiers?  

2) I'm confused on a few things on the ABS. For research, if you don't have a publication in that position yet do you just put "N/A"? Also, for awards, what does it mean by 'duration'? If I just got the award for a good GPA for example, how does that work?

3) What does it mean by Geographic area for each ABS item? Does it mean the city where the activity was done?

Thanks!

13 hours ago, aspiringstudent said:

First time applying here, I have a few questions:

1) Do the schools actually call your verifiers?  

2) I'm confused on a few things on the ABS. For research, if you don't have a publication in that position yet do you just put "N/A"? Also, for awards, what does it mean by 'duration'? If I just got the award for a good GPA for example, how does that work?

3) What does it mean by Geographic area for each ABS item? Does it mean the city where the activity was done?

Thanks!

1) Yes, occasionally. However it is highly unlikely they will contact every single one. 

2) Research can include working in a lab. You don't necessarily have to have a publication to have research experience. If you don't have research you just don't fill a spot for research. For the award just put when you received it

3) Yes.

Archived