Premed 101 Forums

How To Remove A Referee for a Reference Letter

So I had someone who had given me a reference letter last year and this year when I asked them, it was up in the air but I thought that they would obviously do it again, if they did it last year (since its the same letter pretty much) and I submitted their name through the OMSAS system and it sent them an email. 

However, now they said they can't and don't feel comfortable doing it (no idea, but its okay). Anywho, I found another referee, but don't know how to remove the first one, since the email was already sent.

Any Advice? I know i have to have this figured out by September 15th - so any advise would be helpful!!

11 hours ago, johnsmith123456789 said:

So I had someone who had given me a reference letter last year and this year when I asked them, it was up in the air but I thought that they would obviously do it again, if they did it last year (since its the same letter pretty much) and I submitted their name through the OMSAS system and it sent them an email. 

However, now they said they can't and don't feel comfortable doing it (no idea, but its okay). Anywho, I found another referee, but don't know how to remove the first one, since the email was already sent.

Any Advice? I know i have to have this figured out by September 15th - so any advise would be helpful!!

You can also send a referee reset request through SAM, the secure applicant messaging system 

Archived