Premed 101 Forums

English prerequisite

A bit of background, I have already completed my degree with 2 English courses. Just a few days ago I decided to apply to UBC

I sent a last minute email to the admissions regarding one of the English courses that I have taken, and whether it satisfies their requirements. I'm not sure I'll receive a response in time, so I'm thinking of registering for just one English course in the winter term to fulfill the prereq, and representing that on the application course entry. Has anyone heard of a similar situation, or if taking one course outside of a degree like this is allowed?

Dont bother to register (and paying for a course just yet), mention it in the application that you intend to take the course. If you are lucky to get an interview, then deal with it. Note that you will have until april 2019 to actually complete it though... you can take the course prior to interviews, but that's your call.

Hopefully your two prior English courses will satisfy the requirement anyway :) so in short, apply!

37 minutes ago, hartk48 said:

Dont bother to register (and paying for a course just yet), mention it in the application that you intend to take the course. If you are lucky to get an interview, then deal with it. Note that you will have until april 2019 to actually complete it though... you can take the course prior to interviews, but that's your call.

Hopefully your two prior English courses will satisfy the requirement anyway :) so in short, apply!

Thanks, this is great advice. I'll do that :)

Archived