Premed 101 Forums

Really need help. Urgent!

moneyking

Hi I am scheduled for the exam 09/18. This is my 2nd take: my first score was 125/127/130/124. I spent summer studying for this exam, devoted most of my energy to studying cars and c/p, and p/s. I did some studying for B/S too. I just did my fl3 and met with the score of **129/124/126/129.** I did fl1 and fl2 last year received 127/124/128/129 and **126/122/127/128**. Now i am really scared about writing and scoring this year. I want to get into one of the unis that pretty much only looks at cars. My gpa is around 3.90. So i don't know whats going on with my cars honestly. I thought iimproved, but then met with a fucking 124. Either it did not improve or it improved then went down. I dont know. But i am deciding if I should score avoid this exam on the 18th. I know i did everything i could possibly do for cars. I feel improved but the scores don't reflect it. I did qpack 4 times(i understand the logic too), did all of jackwestin passages, ns108. tprh, ek101 and read 4-6 books this year (also did jackwestin course last year,but his method didn't seem to help me, so I sort of did my own thing) I feel i improved my comprehension, i got no trouble with timing too. The questions i get wrong mainly because, i arrive at 2 answers and choose the wrong one. On next step 108 which are suppose to be harder than AAMc, I get around 126-127. I redid the fl1 and fl 2,i got 127 on both for cars. 

What should i do, should i risk scoring it or just void it? I know my 127 even though it kinda in the lower end is still enough to let me compete this year. If i score it and get anything below that I got no chance! I literally feel like crying right now :(

Your original score with the 124 excludes you from apply to Queens and U of T.  The 506 overall is weak as well for anywhere else.

You are right that the 127 CARS you currently hold would let you apply to MAC.   Are there other reasons that you would solely be looking at MAC (or CARS schools)  ?

If you are open to apply anywhere then I would proceed and write on the 18th.   You spent the summer preparing

55 minutes ago, Meridian said:

Your original score with the 124 excludes you from apply to Queens and U of T.  The 506 overall is weak as well for anywhere else.

You are right that the 127 CARS you currently hold would let you apply to MAC.   Are there other reasons that you would solely be looking at MAC (or CARS schools)  ?

If you are open to apply anywhere then I would proceed and write on the 18th.   You spent the summer preparing

Ya I spent the summer preparing :( which is why I am so disappointed. I am scared if I write the test, I know my other scores will go up but I am unsure if my cars will down. If it does then that will put me in a worst spot because then I wouldn't be able to apply to mcmaster which I believe I got a fair chance right now. And with low cars I am not sure if the improvement in the other areas will be worth much, mainly because my Ecs are on the low side. Right now I am tempted more towards voiding this exam. Applying to ottawa and mcmaster exclusively and god forbid if I don't get in then retake the mcat in January and see where that leads. Is that the best course of action do you think?

On 9/16/2018 at 1:59 PM, Meridian said:

How do you know the cut-off of 124 for Queen's?

Archived