Premed 101 Forums

How is research work assessed in Carms?

Do we need to do research work in the speciality/area that we are interested in?

I am currently doing research in the area of internal medicine/palliative care, but I am interested in Anaesthesia. I am expecting to publish next year. Would that be problematic when it comes to Carms? Do I have to do research in the area that I am interested in? I'm enjoying the research project that I'm currently doing, and I will be doing Anaesthesia research work in the soon future. 

9 minutes ago, marta12345 said:

Do we need to do research work in the speciality/area that we are interested in?

I am currently doing research in the area of internal medicine/palliative care, but I am interested in Anaesthesia. I am expecting to publish next year. Would that be problematic when it comes to Carms? Do I have to do research in the area that I am interested in? I'm enjoying the research project that I'm currently doing, and I will be doing Anaesthesia research work in the soon future. 

Don't worry about it, see if you can spin your research to make it relevant to Anesthesia. If not, its fine, because it is about knowing how research works that counts most. 

Archived