Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
greensurR

ABS Order (chronological?)

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if our ABS is re-ordered after submission? My understanding is it's reordered chronologically oldest to newest. Since U of T asks for you to give item names and numbers within your ABS essays, as well as verifier #, I'm concerned that after I submit my application and my abs is re-ordered the numbers I gave will be wrong. Has this been discussed before? Maybe it doesn't matter because you give the name anyways and they'll go by that? Any insight much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is the second question about ABS order I've seen, so I'm wondering if OMSAS application doesn't reorder your activities automatically anymore as you enter them in? I never worried about the order last year as it was done for me.

In case you need to order it manually, my activities were arranged chronologically first by start date, and then by end date. Ie 09/2015-07/2018 goes before 10/2015-01/2017

Do your best arranging but it will probably be fine if you arranged by end date first then start date or something. Once you're done filling in entries, then put in the verifier numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2018 at 6:53 PM, keener12345 said:

U of T only asks for verifier number in ur Essays. Verifier number will NOT change even if ur ABS entries get scrambled, so there is no worry. 

Hm for the BPEs that's true, but for the detailed ABS essays it says "Please identify which item from the ABS you are describing by indicating the activity name and number. You should connect these activities to the appropriate verifier by providing the verifier number in brackets for each activity you mention."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greensurR said:

Hm for the BPEs that's true, but for the detailed ABS essays it says "Please identify which item from the ABS you are describing by indicating the activity name and number. You should connect these activities to the appropriate verifier by providing the verifier number in brackets for each activity you mention."

yes you are correct! sorry, my bad! but i still think activity number will not change when OMSAS sorts chronologically

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, keener12345 said:

yes you are correct! sorry, my bad! but i still think activity number will not change when OMSAS sorts chronologically

OMSAS sorts chronologically? It doesn't for me. The order that I input my activities is the order that it shows it to be. Am I doing something wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Previously the OMSAS system automatically updates the entries based on chronological order, within each category. This year, now that they have merged with OUAC, it seems that it is not the case. For some of us who are entering them in based on last years app, we are entering them in chronological order anyways and may have not noticed the change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Premed_Girl said:

OMSAS sorts chronologically? It doesn't for me. The order that I input my activities is the order that it shows it to be. Am I doing something wrong?

Not while you're preparing your app. I called them and they told me once it's submitted the system will re-order activities chronologically. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×