Premed 101 Forums

Hey I'm slightly confused with the ABS format. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice.

If I have research experience where I was able to attend several conferences and publish different papers, would all of that go under one research experience or would each of the papers and conferences be entered separately into the sketch under research? We get 100 characters to describe the experience but I don't think I can fit everything related to the research experience within this character limit.

Could someone please clarify?

Would put each publication separately under "research", provided they are peer-reviewed, and would put the research experience itself under volunteer or employment depending on which it fits. Conferences would only add as a seperate entry if you presented. If not, maybe add it under the description of the research experience itself. 

9 hours ago, robclem21 said:

Would put each publication separately under "research", provided they are peer-reviewed, and would put the research experience itself under volunteer or employment depending on which it fits. Conferences would only add as a seperate entry if you presented. If not, maybe add it under the description of the research experience itself. 

Hey. Thanks for your reply.

What if there are several manuscripts and publications. Would I then designate an entry for manuscripts and conferences, which would take up 15 or so entries?

If I enter a poster presentation which I presented and a manuscript from the same project in two separate entries, would this make it seem like padding? I'm just trying to combine entries where I can but it's hard to combine a poster and manuscript because of the character limit.

Thanks!

14 hours ago, sideoutgirl said:

Hey. Thanks for your reply.

What if there are several manuscripts and publications. Would I then designate an entry for manuscripts and conferences, which would take up 15 or so entries?

If I enter a poster presentation which I presented and a manuscript from the same project in two separate entries, would this make it seem like padding? I'm just trying to combine entries where I can but it's hard to combine a poster and manuscript because of the character limit.

Thanks!

Either omit less important/impactful projects, or combine smaller ones that are not as important to your application. What I suggested was just the ideal, but sometimes you just have to make tough decisions to make the application work.

On 9/19/2018 at 6:44 AM, robclem21 said:

What about if the research has been submitted to a journal but has not been published yet? should I just include the research experience as "research" or still do as you suggested above? 

Not sure how it currently works, when I applied there were some schools that considered and some that did not. I included the same way as published works and just made a note that it was under review. Most schools may ignore it though so if its tight for space would leave it out.