Premed 101 Forums

Will OMSAS upload your grades / transcripts?

Hey guys,

When I applied to graduate programs through ORPAS last year, students were not required to upload individual grades (like OMSAS now). However, ORPAS did upload every single grade after receiving their transcript. I was able to locate an error because of this.

My question is: Will OMSAS also upload each grade so that students can see what GPA was calculated for them? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 7:09 PM, nosm_d said:

Hey guys,

When I applied to graduate programs through ORPAS last year, students were not required to upload individual grades (like OMSAS now). However, ORPAS did upload every single grade after receiving their transcript. I was able to locate an error because of this.

My question is: Will OMSAS also upload each grade so that students can see what GPA was calculated for them? 

Yes. OMSAS will be uploaded every grade like ORPAS. Make sure you check through them to ensure they enter everything correctly. 

States here that our GPA calculation will be made known at the beginning of November.
"This year, applicants do not enter their courses and grades into the online application. OMSAS will calculate your GPA once your transcripts are received. Beginning in November, applicants will have access to their OMSAS GPA calculations. Applicants are responsible for reporting any required changes to their academic record by December 3, 2018."
https://www.ouac.on.ca/faq/where-to-enter-courses-and-grades/

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, acceptmeplease said:

Thanks so much for starting this conversation thread! Does anyone know where this will show up on our OMSAS account?

I am lowkey worried about how it will be calculated, as my graduate grades are much higher than my undergraduate grades!

A few schools might not even look at your graduate grades at all though... (Mcmaster comes to mind) so you might still need to check individual schools to know how your GPA might be calculated. 

Also when grades do show up, they'll be in the Document Tracking tab together with your MCAT scores. 

2 hours ago, DrOtter said:

A few schools might not even look at your graduate grades at all though... (Mcmaster comes to mind) so you might still need to check individual schools to know how your GPA might be calculated. 

Also when grades do show up, they'll be in the Document Tracking tab together with your MCAT scores. 

ahah true that! I'm just wondering if you know where I would be able to find my calculated GPA in OMSAS. The email confirming my application stated that it will be posted in November, but I'm a first time applicant and have no idea where to look!

Thanks so much :)