Premed 101 Forums

Science Prerequisites

Hello everyone!

I'm entering in my prerequisite grades right now and I'm a little lost. 

1) For general biology, is there a leeway as to which courses you can add? Most of my general bio courses didn't have labs so I have currently added one general bio and one general bio lab (both first year courses) and it's not letting me add in any other courses (ie. for other requirements, such as chemistry, I was able to add in two courses and it's still letting me add more). I was wondering if I could add second year biology courses that I did better in, but aren't very "general". I took a course in vertebrates and another in invertebrates - both of which had labs and I also took a course in the fundamentals of physiology. Are any of these applicable or should I just stick to the two I've already added? 

2) For humanities/social sciences, can I put in a course I took under the School of Population and Public Health that dealt with violence across the lifespan? Or is it safer to stick to psychology courses?

Thanks in advance!

On 9/24/2018 at 10:07 AM, Ibrahimcolors said:

I also share the same concerns as your first question, I was going to try and call them to double check sometime this week.

As for the humanities/social science prerequisite, I believe any non-science course fulfills the requirement (even math!).

I spoke to a friend and he said you can choose any biology class you want - they don't have to be first-year courses. And you just have to make sure you include a course with a lab since a lab is required. However, this wasn't confirmed by anyone from the university so it might not be safe to listen to. Just thought I'd share!

Good to know, thank you!!

On 9/23/2018 at 7:14 PM, medicineandchill said:

2) For humanities/social sciences, can I put in a course I took under the School of Population and Public Health that dealt with violence across the lifespan? Or is it safer to stick to psychology courses?

Thanks in advance!

You should call them and confirm. I know that math (statistics for eg) and psychology courses are definitely accepted but NOT language courses....it sounds like that course may fulfill their requirement. They are usually quick to respond so I recommend you e-mail or call them to check

Archived