Premed 101 Forums

Undergrad Program?

I'm currently enrolled at Ryerson; however, I was wondering if it would be more beneficial if I were to transfer into Western's or UofT's Biomedical programs. By beneficial I was wondering if completing my undergrad at either of these schools would increase my chances of acceptance as opposed to doing it a Ryerson?

12 minutes ago, shansiv said:

I'm currently enrolled at Ryerson; however, I was wondering if it would be more beneficial if I were to transfer into Western's or UofT's Biomedical programs. By beneficial I was wondering if completing my undergrad at either of these schools would increase my chances of acceptance as opposed to doing it a Ryerson?

No, do whatever program you would like wherever you would like. On the contrary, Western and UofT's biomedical programs often hurt a lot of GPA's (there are a few threads on here that debate this, here is one of them, albeit an older thread). Goodluck! :)

2 minutes ago, shansiv said:

Thank you! It's just that I've heard and seen a few statistics that Western and UofT tend to select more of their own applicants. I will take a look into the debates.

You're right, UofT and Western have a lot of undergrads who end up in medical school. Keep in mind that these are larger schools with programs that draw more "premeds" to them so rather than self-selection (which they say they do not do) these statistics are probably the result of sheer numbers

• 3 weeks later...

Archived