Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS Questions

1) How do I get my transcript sent in if I am an OOP applicant from Alberta? According to OMSAS, "To be official, transcripts from universities outside of Ontario must be sent directly from the Registrar's Office."  Does this mean I have to go into my school's registrar office and tell them they need to send a copy of my transcript to OMSAS?  I am just really confused about this in general.  

2) For the ABS,  what does level of education entail,  and how does this pertain to certain activities that aren't related to education at all,  like a sport I have done?  

3) If I have a one time activity,  like a research presentation/conference,  what would I put for hours?  Would I put one hour,  or would I put all the hours it took to do my research and make the presentation, rather than just the presentation itself? 

1. Yes go to your registrars office and have them send a transcript to OMSAS's address (you'll find it online in the guide). Do this TODAY as there is turnaround time to process your request. 

2. Put the level of education you were in during that activity even if it's unrelated. For example you are in undergrad year 2-3 when you played for the schools basketball team. 

3. I would put hours of that activity alone. You can put the research hours as a separate entry (as a volunteer entry for example)

2 hours ago, Eudaimonia said:

1. Yes go to your registrars office and have them send a transcript to OMSAS's address (you'll find it online in the guide). Do this TODAY as there is turnaround time to process your request. 

2. Put the level of education you were in during that activity even if it's unrelated. For example you are in undergrad year 2-3 when you played for the schools basketball team. 

3. I would put hours of that activity alone. You can put the research hours as a separate entry (as a volunteer entry for example)

Re: #1

If we attended an Ontario university there's no turnaround time right? Like if we submitted on Sept 30, it would still be considered on time?

Archived