Premed 101 Forums

Quick Question for Type of Activity for EC-ABS

6 minutes ago, CardiacArrhythmia said:

Individual is fine. 

Do you know if it is always mandatory to add this into the description?

For example, the title for one of my EC activities includes "Club Executive" in it - so would it still be necessary to include "Club" at the beginning of the description?

On the other hand, I list playing tennis as an activity and specifically mention in the description that I was on a varisty tennis team and played in both singles and doubles. Would it still be necessary to use up character space with "Individual & Team" at the beginning? It seems especially ineffective to do so because we can have an activity which includes aspects from different types/levels of involvement. 

6 hours ago, BalkanRelations said:

Do you know if it is always mandatory to add this into the description?

For example, the title for one of my EC activities includes "Club Executive" in it - so would it still be necessary to include "Club" at the beginning of the description?

On the other hand, I list playing tennis as an activity and specifically mention in the description that I was on a varisty tennis team and played in both singles and doubles. Would it still be necessary to use up character space with "Individual & Team" at the beginning? It seems especially ineffective to do so because we can have an activity which includes aspects from different types/levels of involvement. 

It's really up to the school's discretion - some schools prefer to follow the guidelines that OMSAS lays out, some are very lenient. That being said, OMSAS has stated before that med schools aren't specific on what they require on the ABS, just a general outline. I've known some people who simply ignored putting it at the beginning of the description and put it along with the title of the activity like you mentioned and they didn't seem to have a problem. Really up to the individual's choice in this case. 

Archived