Premed 101 Forums

(deleted)

1 hour ago, throwaway1337 said:

I worked in a family friend's store. I was paid cash only (below minimum wage) and my schedule was really informal. I could basically tell them if I wanted to work one week, or a day or take tons of time off on super short notice. I agreed to this arrangement btw, because it gave me alot of flexibility and freedom (and they wanted me cause I was really good at the job). But now my verifier is hesitant cause they don't have any appropriate documentation of me and if asked for it they could get in legal trouble (tax evasion). It was a super, super informal arrangement, I cant even explain how much it was. I dont want to screw them over but it was a major means of employment for me... will they be asked?

Highly doubt that an ADCOM is going to ask your verifier what form of payment they gave you and how much you made from the job - an applicant still has their own confidentiality. If called, they're only going to ask your verifier that you actually did the activity, probably a few personality characteristics about the applicant and why that experience can make them a good doctor ...nothing more. 

55 minutes ago, CardiacArrhythmia said:

Highly doubt that an ADCOM is going to ask your verifier what form of payment they gave you and how much you made from the job - an applicant still has their own confidentiality. If called, they're only going to ask your verifier that you actually did the activity, probably a few personality characteristics about the applicant and why that experience can make them a good doctor ...nothing more. 

Agree. And typically verifiers are not even asked questions about personality or how the experience contributed to medicine, etc — it’s not a reference. In my experience as a verifier I have only ever been asked to confirm whether what the applicant wrote was true, and if not, to explain any discrepancies.

OP I really don’t think they’re going to ask for that sort of detail, and you can reassure your verifier that it shouldn’t be an issue.

Archived